Market Research and Membership Analysis (with MCIF)
When you want to know more about your membership to build marketing solutions that get results, you need quality analysis. Since 1990, LemmonTree has conducted market research including surveys, focus groups and assessments, and since 1994 we have used Marketing Customer Information File (MCIF) software analysis as a credit union outsource.
Our professional staff will provide an analysis and report that can offer recommendations aimed at improving the credit union. Our suggestions address the credit union image, member communication, service, employee communication, products or technology...just a few areas you may be interested in studying. Although it seems obvious, the most important question before starting every research project is, "What do you want to find out?" The answer(s) help frame which technique(s) to use, how extensive the research should be and, if conducted as a baseline, whether the research should be repeated. Three techiniques can be used.
In today's highly competitive marketplace, it is imperative for credit unions to stay in tune with their members'; financial needs, trends associated with the financial industry, and the perception of members with respect to loyalty (Primary Financial Institution) and relationship building.
Each of our survey projects, whether online, by phone or by mail, is customized to meet the needs of the client credit union and to help establish benchmarks for future tracking. Our clients have gained from learning such key information as:
- Satisfaction levels of a segmented sampling of the membership which is representative of and can be applied to the overall membership.
- Trends or a similarity among answers indicating a need for changes in operations or new services.
- Member perceptions of the image and professionalism of the organization, specific to staff departments.
- Areas to be addressed with marketing planning and activities, such as branching and technology/electronic delivery services.
- Indications related to future asset/liability management issues.
- Satisfaction levels of quality and services by individual branches.
>> Back to Top
LemmonTree Marketing Group has conducted focus groups for many years to answer questions for a variety of clients. As credit union and market research experts, we understand the credit union industry and the need for specific information required to make sound business decisions. We also know how to interview members in a group setting to make them open up and provide honest answers.
Each focus group project is customized to meet the needs of the individual client. Being committed to the highest industry standards, you will find am insightful design to your research that capture actionable data. Our clients gain from learning key information such as perceptions of:
- New products
- Price points
- Relationship Pricing
- Service quality
- Product usage
- Communication efforts
- New names and name changes
- Positioning statements
- Logos and printed materials
You can determine the loyalty of your members, their knowledge of your current products and services, how well they understand the benefits of being a member, and if they are interested in the credit union offering new products and/or services.
Why Focus Groups and Not Other Research Techniques?
While mailed, phone and online surveys are all good for quantitative research, Focus Groups are better for gathering member perspectives about emotional issues. Focus groups provide qualitative research. The ability to sit with 20-30 people and "pick their brains" about your topic(s) allows us to uncover more through the interaction, through body language, and by the opportunity to probe their answers. By asking follow-up questions, it is easier to get to the reason behind their answers in a focus group setting.
Unexpected issues are usually uncovered during focus groups. Just by the nature of allowing members to discuss their experiences and voice their opinions; the group dynamic often makes members respond to the other in the room!
>> Back to Top
Membership Analysis (with MCIF)
Our CU PowerTracking service offers the credit union strategic marketing, mining member databases with MCIF, implementing innovative solutions and tracking results of promotions.
Our staff is certified and extremely knowledgeable about the interrelationship of member behavior in MCIF data and how to implement solutions to build relationships that are more profitable!
- Virtual In-House Solution - using VPN to process and analyze client's in-house MCIF
- Targeted Direct Mail & E-Mail Programs with MCIF Tracking - from your data, we profile the members to determine targets for promotions, ongoing contact programs, and then track the results
- List Purchase, Direct Mail Address List Pulls and E-Mail List Pulls - with our outsource capabilities, we can assist with member or household profiles and targeted lists
>>Back to Top